“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”
-Unknown, attr. Albert Einstein
Last night in Allentown the IronPigs–just like last season’s opener–attempted to beat the P’tucket Red Sox by not pitching and fielding and also not scoring enou….
Oh, last night in Allentown the Phantoms attempted to beat the Penguins without scoring any goals. For the thrid straight time, it didn’t work. Once again, we’re told that no one is considering pushing the panic button.
Final at Coca Cola Park: 14-7 PawSox
Final at PPL Center: 3-0 Penguins
Today’s another day, let’s do it again but different this time…
“Here we go now. Here we go now…”
Providence pulls slightly ahead of the Phantoms in the standings, which would theoretically give them home-ice advantage in the first round, but…
We haven’t clinched anything yet. And, the story is the same as yesterday: Magic number is 5, and due to tie-breaks we can clinch tonight with a regulation or overtime win coupled with a Hershey loss in regulation. The match-ups are in our favor, with Hershey facing first-place Toronto and with the Phantoms welcoming playoff-eliminated Springfield.
But there are no promises of course.
It’s still time to go to work.
Jordan Weal please pick up orange courtesy phone, paging Jordan Weal…
Stolie is back in Philadelphia to support Mason.
The Royals moved into second place last night and have an opportunity to stay there in order to keep home-ice for the first round of the playoffs.
Doors open early on a Saturday, 5:30PM for the 7:05PM puck drop. Springfield is in town.
Tickets are still available
Broadcast: The IronPigs game is on Ch 69 tonight.
Media Kit: Springfield 4817
Promotion: Wall cling, for the KIDDOS. Also, canned food drive please bring a donation!
What To Watch
- Lyon should start in net. Watch to see if he can move laterally quickly enough.
- OK, so no one wants to press the “panic button.” Watch to see if any of the players look to have pressed the “let’s get this done” button.
- Watch to see if there are any lineup changes or line shuffles. I’m not suggesting anything drastic, but perhaps just something to inject some energy and immediacy.
- Springfield is not to be taken lightly–but they are no Wilkes Barre. I’ve seen Wilkes Barre. I have friends who live in Wilkes Barre. Springfield is no Wilkes Barre.
- Watch the scoreboard. But, only during the intermissions. Check the Toronto/Hershey score.
The Phantoms will be off until Wednesday when they play at the Mohegan in Wilkes Barre. I hope we can score a goal. Back home for final regular season tilt next Friday versus Providence. Will that game be important for seeding? For staying alive?
I’ll be missing my fourth home game of the season in order to do IronPigs tonight. Tomorrow, Pigs are home for double-header starting at 12:35 with two seven-inning games if you want. Or, it’s gonna be a nice day so make the trek to Goodman to see Steel FC. OR! SteelHawks right back here at PPL! Lots on tap…
See you around,