So you’ve heard about the Phantoms Carnival, and you have questions. I’ll do my best to answer them based on current knowledge and last year’s experience:
- What is the “Phantom’s Carnival?” Think about the IronPigs All Star Viewing Party or PicNic. It’s a reward for Season Ticket Holders who have renewed for next season. They’ll have games and autographs and whatnot.
- When is it? The Carnival is at the arena, this Sunday, March 6, from 11AM to 3PM.
- Need I arrive early? Not necessarily, but the player availability is limited, so if you’re looking forward to meeting one player in particular, good to get there early and scope things out.
- Should I eat before I come? Probably not. Last year, at least, basic refreshments (not all stands, and not alcohol) were gratis.
- Like, what kind of games to they have? Well, a dunk tank. Inflatables. Shoot the puck. Some NHL video games and bubble hockey were set up in the club. Full access to the club and main concourse, although I didn’t hear anything about box tours or clubhouse or anything, probably because the season is still on.
- Tell me more about autographs and pictures. I really want to get the whole team. I’m not sure they’ll all be available, and they’ll work in shifts at stations about the arena. Hopefully, we’ll hear about where/when prior to the event so we can plan accordingly. (Full disclosure: I’m not an autograph guy, so I don’t really care. Kram3 only got Jesper last year because he was doing dunk tank and ‘3’ wanted to sink the Hershey fan.) If we don’t hear in advance, stay tuned on social media for a photo of the schedule. The one below was posted by another fan on FaceBook last year. Of course, even if we do get the schedule it will be subject to change, and if you’re in line and don’t get to the front, it will change on you.
- Anything else you can remember? I recall that the force energy team was about on the concourse visiting with fans, and that there was a 50/50 and a silent auction, just like at the games.
- How do I get invited? Do I need a ticket? Where can I get one? Tickets have been emailed to full-season ticket holders in proportion to their number of seats. They are not for sale to the public. If you think you should have gotten them, but haven’t, please call your ticket rep at once. If you need an extra, get in touch with other STH to see if someone has an extra they’re not using (the STH FaceBook group is a good place for this.) Or, why not sign up for season tickets for next season? You know you want to….
- What will they do differently this season? I’m not really sure–we haven’t heard a lot. I know the Phan Nation fan club (the official fan club of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms) will have a table on the concourse where you can get more information about their events and join if you want. We didn’t stay real long last year, because we had already had a bite to eat in Chickie’s prior to the event, and once Kram3 got an autograph and sunk the Hershey fan he was good to go–other autograph lines were quite long and he wasn’t into it.
- But I have more questions…. Leave them in the comments (not on FaceBook) and I’ll try to answer the the best I can.
To read a funny story about our experience at the carnival in 2015, click HERE.
See you at the arena,