It’s “Throw-Back Thursday” and I’d like you to read this post from Dan from 12/31/2011. I’m going to copy/paste it here, then add to it below:
With today being the second complete year of this blog I want to take a moment and thank you all for the past two years.
I realize I’ve mentioned this before but I started this to keep track of the IronPigs and have some fun. It has grown to so much more in these first two years and we’ve had a lot of fun.
To continue last year’s tradition, I am happy to post that in 2011 we had 68,366 views. (For those who like math that’s an average of 188 views per day – an increase of 77 hits per day from last year)
The cookbook fundraiser raised over $3,500 for the National Brain Tumor Society.
We sent a deserving child to the IronPig’s Baseball Camp.
The Noise Nation was featured in a Fox Philly story about the IronPigs.
It was a fun and great year and we have much to be thankful for. In 2012 we look forward to another baseball season led by Ryne Sandberg, the 2nd season of the Lehigh Valley Steelhawks and another fun filled season of Roller Derby with our very own Lehigh Valley Rollergirls. Andy Tracy is back on our coast and we will try to have a road trip to visit him in Williamsport. The R-Phils are hosting the AA All Star game. Don’t forget that the PBS 39 IronPig documentary will come out this spring as well. 2012 will be a great year for sports fans in the Lehigh Valley!
So here’s to you Noise Nation! Thanks for making 2011 a great year and looking forward to spending 2012 with you!
Talk to you next year!
So we broke the record in 2015. A big thanks to all of our readers and followers. I know most of the posts this year have come under my by-line, but a lot goes on behind the scenes: Obviously, the excellent photography by Cheryl Pursell and Steven Kiebach and others, and administrative and creative support from Dan, Jason, and Decal–as well as their own posts and stories. We got a lot of hockey input and articles from der Eishockeyzuschauer this season, as well. There are others behind the scenes, too–you know who you are–and I thank you!
But New Years isn’t just about looking back, it’s about looking forward. What can you expect in 2016? Well, you never know, but here’s what I’ve got up my sleeve:
- More Hockey Pre-game: “Hockey Night” posts will continue, hopefully including scouting reports from d.E. as well as what to expect if you’re going to the game–either for the first time or for the hundredth. There will be comments about the organization and a unique take on the phan experience at the PPL Center. Hopefully, this will include playoff coverage.
- SteelHawks: We hope to step up our game on the ‘Hawks side, providing you with some additional roster and pre-game information, as well as post-game reports on arena football at the PPL Center. As with the Phantoms, we hope to provide playoff coverage as well.
- IronPigs: I hope to be able to provide some additional “insider” -type coverage this season. I know if I’m arriving early for batting practice that Cheryl probably will too–this should yield some better team reports overall this season. Again, we’ll likely concentrate on pre-game and pre-series coverage rather than game reports. As with hockey, game reports are available from a wide variety of outlets these days. We’ll give you the inside information about how the team is doing, who the players are and why they’re here, and what to expect from the games before you go to them–both on and off the field.
- Bethlehem Steel FC: There’s a new minor-league player in town! The USL Steel FC team–affiliate of the Philadelphia Union–will begin soccer play at Goodman Stadium in March. Their schedule should be out in January some time. We’ll get you ready to attend games and even give you some information about their supporters group, the East End Army.
- Reading Fightins: The players from Reading and Lehigh Valley THIS SEASON will likely make up the core of the Phillies for years to come–for better or worse. As you may have heard, I have season tickets in Reading, too, this season, and you’ll get more game and player coverage from Reading this season than ever before. By the time players get to the IronPigs, you’ll feel like you already know them!
- Throwback Thursdays: Sports blogs come and go, but we’ve been around for a while. I plan to try to feature some old posts from years gone by–there’s some good stuff in the archives and some of it deserves to be seen again!
- Podcasts? I’ve always got some kind of excuse–and I’ve been shy about asking folks to guest on a ‘cast if I don’t know if I’ll be able to get the audio posted in a timely fashion. New Years Resolution: more podcasts!
- Rollerderby and Velodrome? Hey you never know–there’s so much stuff to see here in the Lehigh Valley, and we’ll try to get to as much of it as we can.
Happy New Year!
And I’ll see you at the arena, the park(s), and the pitch,
Categories: Kram's Korner - From the Club Level