A couple things that I think are important as a fan:
- Last season, we had 11 mid-week home dates, which was significantly more than most teams. This season only 6, with more use of the Sundays–which I think will be even better for attendance.
- Last season, 8 “3-in-3” occurrences, which requires the team to play three games in three days. It’s a necessary evil in AHL hockey, but it’s not always fair as one team heads into the third game fresher and/or without travelling. This season we have 9 of them, so I guess it’s about par for the course.
- Last season, twice we had to go two weeks plus without a home hockey game. How am I supposed to survive that long without Crab Fries, huh? This season there are three such times, in October following opening night, as we head to New England at the end of November, and a big stretch at the start of March. Perhaps those are opportunities for Phan Nation road trips?
- With the new divisional alignment we’ll see more teams, more times this season, including plenty of games against the North Division. We’ll play Binghamton 8 times and see some teams like Utica, and Syracuse whom we haven’t faced much in the past.
- There will be two “overlap days with the IronPigs, April 15 and 17. However, that last game on Sunday April 17 should allow us to go straight from the Pigs to the arena and catch both!
That’s all I’ve got for now. I really like that the Phantoms should have a downloadable version of this available so that I can get it integrated with my Google Calendar. I missed 8 games last season, and I hope to miss less this season.
See you at the arena,