WordPress ate my last baseball post on Friday, and I haven’t gotten back to it. However, a couple moves, so here’s a quick roster/pitching primer for tonight:
- Sean O’Sullivan pitched a million pitches last night in Los Angeles. He was outrighted to the IronPigs after the game. He’ll be back with us at some point following travel and rest, I’d venture.
- Kevin Correia, due to pitch tomorrow for Phillies, was DFA’d today. We’ll see what happens to him, but Sev Gonzalez will head back to the big club to make his start tomorrow.
- David Buchanan to pitch for us tonight. Could be on a pitch count with an eye towards promotion.
- Jerome Williams rehabbing with Reading tonight.
- Nola still scheduled to go on Thursday for us, but TBA for tomorrow. Nola could be on a pitch count Thurs with an eye towards his Futures Game contribution on Sunday. Nola due to face Red Sox prospect Henry Owens on Thursday.
- Leroux could get an inning tonight, but is due to pitch for Team Canada in the Pan Am on Saturday.
- Jesse Biddle due to pitch for Reading tomorrow, with the IronPigs in need of a starter. Hmmmmm…..
- Neris was recalled to the Phillies this morning.
- You’d think that was Loewen’s spot, but he really blew it last night. Hope he’s OK. Something to watch.
- Lino with a possible wrist sprain. I’m going to miss watching him, and I hope he’s OK as well. But, we’ve got three catchers, so…
- Ethan Chapman called from Reading to fill in, where he was called from Bridgeport to fill in. I don’t know what number he wears, and I’m not sure he’s good. However, he can play center field if needed. Bogusevic with Team USA in the Pan Am.
- That’s all for now. Make sure you get a T-Shirt tonight and a hat tomorrow. Hot/Cold packs on Thurs in the three game set. Observations from Reading, on Lively, Dugan and Knapp, to come.
See you at the park,
Featured Image by Cheryl Pursell