Full preview of tonight’s contest including video interviews with Coach Ray Burris and GM Kurt Landes.
Tonight’s the night. And, rain or not, it’s still better to open up at home rather than drive North to some godforsaken land such as Syracuse to open the season. Could we be subject to two straight opening day rain-outs? Does the ‘222 Showcase’ count? Who knows? But we’re in it for the fun of it; here’s what you need to know to get ready for tonight’s….game?
Opponent: Providence–err, Pawtucket Red Sox. A preview here, detailing the many prospects and weapons on their squad–the same dudes who may be IronPigs later in the season in exchange for Cole Hamels.
Game Time: 7:05PM
Tickets: Good seats are still available, including Club Level, Field Level, and Hot Corner. IronPigsBaseball.com
Parking: $5.00 cash, unless you have a pre-purchased parking pass.
Weather: 46 deg F / 281 deg Kelvin / 38% chance of rain
Broadcast: TV: SECTV-2 – Radio: ESPN-1320/1230-AM – MiLB “In The Park” App
Giveaway: Opening Day Cap, Presented by Service Electric to first 3,000 Adults (18+)
Opening Day Festivities:
- Happy Hour: $1 Hot Dogs, $2 Domestic Drafts, and Live Music from 5:00PM to 6:00PM
- STH Picnic: Some season ticket holders have vouchers for free food at the PPL Picnic Patio. Others are assigned to future games–check your voucher to make sure, and don’t let the free food go to waste!
- Autographs: Lafayette College Men’s Basketball Team will be on hand to sign autographs prior to the game.
- Formal Introductions: Both teams will be introduced prior to the game.
- Color Guard: Ceremony prior to the National Anthem.
Starting Pitchers: LHP Joely (“Joe-Elly”) Rodriguez (IronPigs) versus LHP C. Brian Johnson (first round pick, 2012)
We touched on Joely Rodriguez when I spoke with Pitching Coach Ray Burris on Media Day:
(video, editing and audio from Cheryl Pursell)
The Pig Pen seating area looks about done, but I’m not sure they’re allowing folks out there for the first game. Check it out:
**Also, check out the new bar area in the Biergarten–additional taps and a much nicer bar.
Talking with GM Kurt Landes about opening day and the 2015 IronPigs season:
See you at the park tonight, rain or shine,