If you are a full season ticket holder for the 2015-2016 Phantoms’ season, you should have received tickets–the same number as the seats in your account–for tonight’s “carnival.” Folks have been asking me about the carnival all week, but details have been a bit sketchy. Here’s what I know:
- You need a ticket: Do not arrive and try to enter without a ticket to the event. Additional tickets are not for sale from the team.
- 5PM-9PM tonight at the PPL Center arena. I’m told the players will be available from 5-7PM; however, another source says maybe 8PM.
- The players will be there, and autograph stations will be set up around the concourse. They’ve also written: “Photo with A player.” I’m not sure which player that is, but I imagine if you quickly duck behind the table and snap a cell phone shot, it won’t be a problem. Some might depend on the crankiness of the Phantoms’ staffer at each particular station.
- Fun and games: There will be some neat stuff for the younger kiddos: Face Painting, Balloon Animals, Bounce Houses, and Check Out the Zamboni’s. There will be the opportunity to shoot on a net (if we find someone who can score consistently, bring your skates to BOTH games this weekend…. 😉 ) as well as some bubble hockey. There will be a dunk tank where you can sink your least favorite Phantoms employee, and maybe some video games, too. Everything is free.
- Well, not everything. It’s not clear if we’ll have to pay to park. There was no mention of food and drink, so I’m thinking if concessions are open you’ll need to pony up for a beverage or sandwich. They say the 50/50 will be running, so that will need some cash as well. It shouldn’t be an expensive evening, but do come with some cash in your pockets–hopefully you’ll leave with it too!
- If you think you’ve missed your invitation to the carnival, please call your sales rep immediately. For those of us who’ve ponied up for every single game (this year and in the years to come, in some cases) this is one of our STH benefits. Take advantage. Personally, I wasn’t sure I’d go, but Kram3 wants to come and meet some players, so we’ll be over to walk around at least a little. After I destroy him at bubble hockey, we’ll probably have to leave. 😉
See you at the carnival,