Don’t be late or you might miss the first three goals! We’re back at the PPL Center tonight–here’s what you need to know to get ready for some HOCKAAAYYY!
The Phantoms beat the Senators 5-3 Wednesday night at the PPL Center in Allentown behind the strength of three first-minute goals. The win allowed the Phantoms to leap-frog Binghamton in the standings; we now sit in third place in the East Division and one point below the line in the Eastern Conference playoff standings.
Go here for Bob Rotruck’s call of the three early goals.
There haven’t been any injuries or transactions to report. The lineup has been rather stable, too, with 38 Jason Akeson moving to the top line. However, with a trip to Hartford tomorrow, there is concern because Hartford’s had a touch of the Mumps outbreak which has been running through the hockey world.
Did you know? Players can often be seen prior to the games, walking along the front of the arena from the 8th Street arena garage towards Timmy’s.
Lines from Wednesday:
38 Akeson – 22 Jones – 10 Gordon
23 Leier – 25 Cousins – 45 Stortini
24 Straka – 36 Powe – 16 Hextall
37 Rosehill – 17 Goumas – 11 Fyten
28 Manning – 2 Alt
4 Hagg – 5 Delisle
7 Lauridsen – 3 Flemming
Jesper Pettersson has been alternating with Flemming of late. After facing waves–perhaps one would say,”The Ocean”–of shots Wednesday night versus the Senators, Rob Zepp could give way to Anthony Stolarz in goal. Stolarz has flashed with some nice games at home, and with a game tomorrow afternoon I could see the young prospect getting the call tonight. We’ll see.
Game Time: 7:05PM puck drop; 6:00PM doors.
Tickets: Tickets are still available but are going fast. Most are upper level at this point. As we approach game time, this game has the possibility of being another sell out–but SRO tickets have always been available thus far, so don’t worry about making the trek downtown without a ticket. I doubt you’ll get shut out.
Broadcast: SECTV-2/AHL package for video; AM-1470 for audio. FM-89.9 if you’re in the arena.
Promotion: It’s the third T-Shirt night! The “ugly sweater” T-Shirts will be on your seats when you arrive. They are all XL. Some of us have been acquiring a fair few orange T-Shirts of late….
I’ve been thinking about hats. Look for a post upcoming, on that topic. Also, my annual Christmas Day IronPigs post will be out soon as well.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR:
- Will the Phantoms be able to score three goals in 21 seconds again?
- That’s a joke, of course, but I would like to see a more consistent game. I like the quality chances and I like the lines the way they’ve been. Hershey’s a good team–it will take a good effort to beat them.
- It feels like Nick Cousins is getting hot. Watch to see if he can light the lamp again tonight.
- Watch out for #22 Galiev from Hershey–a dangerous player.
- Also look out for #15 Centerman Andre Burakovsky. The youngster was the top pick for the Caps in 2013, and was recently added from the NHL team.
- Watch for me at the Phantoms Shop: I’m going to the game tonight under the guise of “holiday shopping.”
- Just a note, but I noticed a promo which said that ALL Wednesdays will feature the $2 Coors Light “dixie cup” drafts–from the Coors Light bar behind section 108. Hopefully they add a couple more taps…
The Phantoms shuffle off to Hartford for a late-afternoon affair with the Rangers’ affiliate. Then, they’ll be on Christmas break, so hopefully no Mumps exposure…
They’ll be in Hershey on Boxing Day, and then home again 12/27 versus Norfolk, for post-game photo day.
See you at the arena,