- Opening Day at Coca Cola Park
- Closing Day at Coca Cola Park
- Plenty of Weekend games
- No home stand longer than 8 games
- A nice, busy June
- 12 games in 14 days at the end of July/beginning of August
- Plenty of April Games
- Shorter road trips for the players
- Fewer 2-game sets–Mr. Brundage should approve.
- A couple good candidates for vacation weeks in August, and one in July–for the fans.
- 222 game at Coca Cola Park April 7.
- With all 1:35 games on Sundays, plenty of chance to continue the post-game tailgate tradition–and plenty of chance to get over to the SteelHawks games if they’re smart and go for evening kickoff on Sundays when the ‘Pigs are home.
- Not listing the playoffs on the schedule is probably a good idea. We’ll figure that out later….
- The late start to the season should ease conflicts with SteelHawks (somewhat) and Phantoms, and the late end to the season should flow into pre-season hockey quite nicely.
- Season doesn’t start until April 9! We’re going to be champing at the bit, I’m telling you.
- With the season extending to a late Labor Day, September 7–could be a week without the best players as they could be called up September 1.
- New, uneven schedule has 18 games with Scranton–10 in Moosic, 8 in Allentown!
- Fewer games with Western and Southern opponents–some only in town for 3 days instead of 4.
- The busy April is good for baseball fans like myself, but tough on the attendance race.
- No 5:35 games on Sundays in the summer.
- Only 8 games in August! Unbalanced!
- The RailRiders get home field advantage in the race for the IronRail!
But, I’ll be there,