While things are winding down over at Coca Cola Park, I’m still paying attention. Here are some things you should know about as the 2014 season comes to a close:
- ICYMI, I had the opportunity to be a guest on the APhilliated Podcast, hosted by IronPigs Radio Producer Mark Perlman-Price. It came out good, I think, and he certainly has access to better recording equipment. You can listen to it here if you like.
- Tony Gwynn, Jr. is with the IronPigs now. He’s starting in CF again tonight. He’s a lot of fun to watch, and leading off this evening. He’s hitting .474 for the ‘Pigs so far–over only a short time, I know–but worth catching.
- If you’re a season ticket holder, don’t forget to renew your seats or at least collect on your renewal award: Some “loaded value” is available for the last home stand starting next weekend, but you have to ask for it. Contact your ticket rep!
- I know it’s way too early to start thinking about next season, but that never stopped me before. Of course, some free agent signings will impact the opening day roster. But here I go anyway. Here are some names to remember for 2015–even if they don’t start the season in Allentown: Pitchers: Adam Morgan, Jon Pettibone, Aaron Nola, Jesse Biddle, Severino Gonzalez, Hoby Milner, Nefi Ogando, Adam Loewen. Catchers Tommy Joseph and Sebastian Valle. INF Carlos Alonso, Brock Stassi, KC Serna, JP Crawford. OF: Cameron Perkins, Aaron Altherr, Kelly Dugan. Player/Coach Jake Fox.
- IronRail: There are four games remaining with Scranton–two here and two up north. The ‘Pigs lead the season series 8-4. The evil RailRiders must win all four games to retain the coveted IronRail trophy via the totally arbitrary tiebreaker. It’s our only chance to take home some hardware for this season, so…
See you at the park,