You know, nobody ever asked me to write the game recaps. I’m not a writer; nobody asked me to write a blog. I just showed up here and Dan lets me do stuff… There’s a lot I just don’t know:
- I don’t know why the opposing manager was tossed during the lineup exchange last night. You’ve got to want the night off pretty badly I’d think. Is he still sore about the play at the plate Saturday night? Is he still upset about the horse race taking an extra 60 seconds? I just don’t know.
- I don’t know why we’re not hitting. Are guys trying too hard? Not talented enough? Bad luck? I suppose you’ve got to give the opposing pitcher some love: his last few outings were really, really good–I knew that going into last night. It’s just disheartening scoring 1 or 2 runs each night.
- I just don’t know why Greg Smith would change his delivery at this juncture. I knew something was funny last night, but I just didn’t totally figure out he was delivering differently. But, not having a wind-up yet, and not delivering all pitches from the same slot yet, he still managed to have some pretty good innings other than that first one. Greg’s no rookie; I’m sure he knows what he’s doing…
- If they didn’t know Polanco was getting called up, then I don’t know why he didn’t play last night. Supposedly, they got a call after the game, and he was notified in the visitor’s club house at Coca Cola Park. I’m sorry we didn’t get to see him play again.
- I just don’t know if Tony Sanchez is good or not. He reminds me a bit of Tuffy Gosewisch, but that’s not too bad for a catcher.
- I just don’t know why folks need to get up during the game so much. Sit down. There’s lots of time in between innings. And don’t get me started about kicking the seat backs….
- I just don’t know why they try to make Gyros at the Pig Stop. I love the Pig Stop, but superior Gyros can be had just a few steps away in the plaza. And, there’s a $1 off coupon on your parking ticket.
- I just don’t know why those kids keep walking on my lawn…
But, there is some stuff I do know:
- I know there’s another game tonight, so I shouldn’t be too depressed about the last two.
- I know the guys get a day off tomorrow, and that’s good. It’s their only day off in June.
- I know they head to first-place Rochester for the weekend.
- I know they’ve been playing better ball on the road than at home (I don’t know WHY).
- I know that beating up Rochester this weekend will likely make me forget all about this horrible 8-game home stand against Western Division foes. Winning in the North is what’s important.
- I know that the IronPigs are playing good defense. Those nice plays in the field are heartening…
- I know that Tyler Henson welcomed a new baby boy to his family yesterday. Bryer Henson was 7 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches long. He and Mommy are doing great. And I know THAT’S way more important than a couple of baseball games.
- I know that Cheryl’s pictures last night were some of her best. At least I thought so. Judge for yourself!
See you at the park, hopefully I’ll know more by then….