“When the music stops, try to find a team to play with…..”
We’ll try to get a full home-stand preview out for you sooner or later, but as you make your way to the park tonight, there are some roster moves you should know about:
- The other day, as the Phillies played extra-inning losses with the Mets, they became low on pitchers. Phillippe Aumont and Cesar Jimenez were re-called from the IronPigs.
- To make room on the Phillies, Jeff Manship was put on the 15-day DL with a quad strain, and Darin Ruf was optioned to the IronPigs. He’s in the lineup tonight, batting fourth and playing left field.
- Tyler Knigge was promoted from Reading to the IronPigs; he should be available tonight. He’s a right-handed reliever–in the power mode last time I saw him.
- Ethan Martin was re-called to the Phillies, and Phillippe Aumont has returned. It’s not clear if he’ll be available tonight.
- OF Cameron Perkins was promoted from Reading. He’s playing Right Field and batting fifth tonight.
- Pitcher Shawn Camp was promoted to the IronPigs from Clearwater. You’ll remember he started the season with the IronPigs, was promoted, DFA’d, released, and re-signed. It’s not clear if he’s available tonight.
Blanco and Gillies remain out of the lineup, but Cedeno has returned to Shortstop. With Louisville and Indianapolis in town, we’ll be seeing the pitchers hit on this home-stand.
More news as it becomes available; more moves could be coming with Blanco and Gillies not playing and with Reading still short players after today’s moves.
See you at the park,