I know there are some true sports fans out there. I see you all the time intermingled with the rest of the fan base. You eat at home before the game and might have a water bottle along to save on costs. Hey, I feel ya… it gets pricey being a season ticket holder. A $10 ticket can easily jump to $35, $40, $60 or even $100 if you find yourself in the team store. It happens.
Sure, there are those out there who show up for the beer, the soda, the wonderful concessions. I’ve been known to partake in a Philly Pretzel and Gyro now and then. I don’t say Aw Shucks much anymore due to dietary needs but as another food favorite meatloaf would say.. two out of three ain’t bad, right?
You are the True Fan. You aren’t content watching videos on the big screen or wondering who’s walk up song is “Black Betty” or how long the line is at the frozen yogurt stand. You are a stat watcher, you live for the crack of the bat and the leathery smell of a glove or football. You don’t wash your hand for days after a high five from a player and likely have a room full of sports memories collected over time.
Hear this sports fan…
I can promise you a sport that will:
1. Allow you to bring your own food and drinks to the event, even alcohol!
2. Meet all the athletes involved from both teams!
3. Go have a beer with both teams after every game, not just a random occurrence or special occasion!
4. Combine strategy, speed, excitement and physicality that will make you cringe with excitement!
5. A league that has nearly 300 teams across the country!
Sounds good right? Sounds like something a true sports fan would like… right? You love sports not just those of the “Big 4 affiliated” nature.. right?
Two words. Roller. Derby.
Check it out, you’ll like it. Trust me.
Still not convinced? Check out these highlights: