The Phillies made a lunch-time move today, recalling Luis Garcia from the IronPigs. Shawn Camp was outrighted to the ‘Pigs to make room. Camp has the option to elect free agency, and in any case has up to 48 hours to report. In the mean time, the IronPigs are left TWO arms short in the ‘pen with Rosenberg’s previous injury.
The IronPigs conclude their far-south road trip with a 7:05 game this evening in Charlotte. It’s a getaway day and we’re short pitchers. Please no extra innings, please no extra innings…
Speculation has already begun on the Twitter-net as to how the ‘Pigs will replenish the relief crew. I have other thoughts about roster moves afoot, and a preview of the upcoming home-stand on the way. In the mean time, consider the following possibilities for the IronPigs:
- Shawn Camp: He accepts his assignment and reports quickly. He did well for us in his brief time here this season.
- BJ Rosenberg: It’s been seven days, if his concussion symptoms have resolved and he’s passed the tests, then he could be activated.
- Hector Neris: He did nothing to get demoted to Reading, and looked good there Monday night. He had a couple walks, but was missing low to a very patient Sea Dogs team. He could be back.
- Ethan Martin: Either on a rehab or an option; if he’s looked good with Clearwater, he could be here next.
- Chris Bootcheck: If his finger is better, he could help the ‘pen and the starters if needed for doubleheaders and such.
- Ken Giles: The move everyone wants to see, of course. The fire-baller from Reading could be ready for the next challenge.
More news later as we prepare for the eight-game set starting Friday night.