A press announcement went out Friday with:
“The Lehigh Valley IronPigs will be holding a press conference on Tuesday, Oct. 25, at 2:00 p.m. at Coca-Cola Park to issue a significant announcement regarding their home facility.”
Our minds started spinning wondering what this announcement will be… Can we wait until Tuesday to find out?
Thanks to DiPro… we might not have to!
To save any dramatics… here is what we got.
From the Modular Product Blog there is a plan to build a Tiki Bar around the bullpens in Left field at Coca Cola Park.
Images included from the source:
So, perhaps we are gaining another outfield bar, a few more what I expect could be “premium” seats and an area to heckle opposing pitchers in the bullpens. Not bad, really.
That space has been open and relatively unused for the first four years of IronPig’s baseball. A great use of space in our opinion. Might lose the golf game and speed pitch – perhaps they will be relocated.
The overhang seating does remind me of something the R-Phils had a few years back. I had the opportunity to sit in that section once and was impressed by the view and the accessibility.
Certainly that brings about a few questions should this construction occur:
1. Will this area be first come – first serve as the current Trough deck area is?
2. If not, will the seating and tickets be available to individuals or just as a “party package” to groups? If it is groups only, hopefully the minimum will be low – 5+ seems acceptable. This would allow smaller groups to take advantage of the amenities.
3. With two bars in the outfield, will more restroom facilities be required??
4. Will security be increased in the outfield area?
5. I hope they spell Lincoln correctly. (probably just scratch drawings)
Anyway, the good news of a possible Tiki Bar behind the bullpen has me in smiles tonight.
Many, many thanks to Dipro for digging this out and…