Hey there NoiseNation! Now is the time when Minor League teams start to make plans for the next season. They’re lining up sponsors, renewing season tickets, and starting on the promo schedules and the like. If you’ve got ideas for them, now might be the time to make them known. Maybe not the larger capital construction projects: Larger Scoreboard, full LED ribbon board for the club overhang, upper deck seats above the press box….these are things that will probably need to wait. I’ll share a couple of the ideas that are on my mind this morning, please add yours in the comments section below:
- What Could Have Been Night: I’d like to see this come back. I’m sitting here with a Woodchucks hat on. It’s cool. What’s next? Pennsylvanians? I’m ready.
- Different Perks for Season Ticket Holders: We had the batting practice parties and most recently they used the picnic patio for some free grub (didn’t work out well for me: It rained.) The All Star “pic nic” has kind of run it’s course, but is kind of fun. Here are some suggestions from Kram’s Korner: A. Second autograph day just for S/T holders. B. A meet-the-players session for full S/T holders prior to the season. C. A discount schedule for the Clubhouse Store based on ticket package. D. Discounts on group seats if S/T holders want to bring a group to the park. E. Alternate ideas for season opening gift: i. exclusive car magnet or license plate ii. exclusive hat (nicer!) iii. exclusive T-Shirt (nicer) iv. exclusive replica jersey design.
- Ticket Exchange: We’ve covered this before. It’s doable and would result in better turnstile attendance and per-game revenue. There would be a small take out of the coffers of the Ebay/Craigslist/StubHub sources. It would help sell season tickets. It just would make so much sense. Make it happen.
- Keep the Stuff We Like: Keep the Saturday Tiki after-party, the pre-game concert and dollar dog opportunity (maybe expand it to different days and improve it, but…), and more…
- New Uniform Designs: Looks like some are coming. See my previous post…
- A Push for the Playoffs: I know they’ve got to start selling the packages early. It seemed like a lot of the IronPigs employees were cheering against the team late, because they didn’t want to work the playoff games. Put some perks in for them so that we can get everyone pushing for the playoffs if the opportunity presents.
- A SaladWorks-like Stand: It still seems like there aren’t enough healthy options for eating at the park. This might be a nice start.
- A Tailgate Opportunity for Groups: A park-like pavilion setup or tent outside the stadium which could be rented for an organized tailgate if groups would like to rent it. Would be available hours before the gates open. Would need additional staff and resources, but would make money. Expands opportunity to sell to corporate groups.
- A Better, Longer Radio PreGame: I’ve got some ideas for this. However, they can steal them if they want….
- Free WiFi: C’mon. It’s 2014.
OK, that’s what I’ve got at the moment. I’ll think of more and add them below. Won’t you, too! Try to think of stuff they can actually do prior to next season in order to be the most constructive.
See you at the SteelHawks…