So our friend Jon Schaeffer (the other Voice) sent out a media release containing information of a significant announcement tomorrow at Coca-Cola Park at 1:30 pm and speculation is running rampant on what it might be.
Rumors have run the gambit from a new Head Grounds Keeper to a Dome (*snicker*) to pretty much everything in between.
We’ll find out tomorrow but here’s a few guesses to get you started:
1. Coca-Cola Park will be the home of the 2013 Triple-A Championship – it’s possible, not likely since it’s in Durham this year
2. New food vendor – perhaps a local staple?
3. The new IronPigs “Porking” Deck?
4. A New Scoreboard?
a. A “ribbon” board around the club level?
5. New looks for the Mascot(s)?
6. Additional Seating? (Bleacher seats? The extension of the Club Level)
7. A Phillies Alum joining the team or front office?
8. The announcement of Richie T Alley?
9. Free parking for the rest of the season? (*smile*)
10. A major concert coming to Coca-Cola Park?
11. New Unis and/or logo redesign for 2012?
12. The Hockey Stadium Project has been scrapped and all games will be played outdoors at CCP?
13. Section 108 will be renamed the Jimmy T section?
14. The 3 millionth guest through the gate get’s the Park named after them for a day and lifetime season tickets?
15. New food item contest?
Finally and best of all the IronPigs and Phillies are going to switch stadiums for an evening and all IronPigs’ season ticket holders get a free ticket and luxury bus ride to CBP! (hopefully not in the same night!)
Probably none of the above. Regardless, these announcements are usually interesting so we’ll just have to wait and see!
Anyone have any other guesses?
The first guess that is correct will receive two field-level vouchers valid for any Monday – Thursday regular season 2012 game.
Dishing Puzzled (or am I?)